HAP organizes actions for constituents, including, but not limited to, writing letters and making phone calls to representatives. As a member of our Action Team, you’ll support this process by agreeing to contact your legislators in support or opposition of various bills as directed by HAP leadership.
Action Team members:
- Educate legislators on local, state, and federal issues pertaining to animal and environmental welfare
- Build support or opposition in government for target bills
- Convey to legislators and the public that animal issues are important!
Action Team members should have:
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- The ability to do some independent research
- Basic computer literacy
- The ability to work in a friendly, nonpartisan, and professional manner
- The ability to meet deadlines
This position is the perfect way to make a difference without having to commit too much time! If this sounds like a good fit for you, use the form below to contact HAP today!