HAP organizes actions for constituents, including, but not limited to, writing letters and making phone calls to representatives. As an Action Team volunteer, you’ll support this process by agreeing to contact your legislators in support or opposition of various bills as directed by HAP leadership.
Action Team volunteers:
- Educate legislators on local, state, and federal issues pertaining to animal and environmental welfare
- Build support or opposition in government for target bills
- Convey to legislators and the public that animal issues are important!
Action Team volunteers should have:
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- The ability to do some independent research
- Basic computer literacy
- The ability to work in a friendly, nonpartisan, and professional manner
- The ability to meet deadlines
This position is the perfect way to make a difference without having to commit too much time! If this sounds like a good fit for you, use the form below to contact HAP today!