Host Your Own Fundraiser
Hosting your own fundraiser is a fun way to raise money for Humane Action Pittsburgh. These fundraisers vary in type and size, but can include anything from lemonade stands, car washes, birthday parties, bake sales, golf tournaments, and more!
Tips on fundraising:
- Lead the way. Start by making a gift of your own and ask your friends and family to match your donation.
- Enlist your friends, family, and coworkers to spread the word.
- Birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, and special occasions are a wonderful time to share your love with Humane Action Pittsburgh to celebrate your special day.
- Just ask! Most people are more than willing to help support causes that are being endorsed by peers.
- Remember any events must align with HAPs policies and values, e.g. no animal products, mindfulness of waste and single use plastic, etc.
Listed below are ways Humane Action Pittsburgh can help with your fundraiser:
- Provide consultation for fundraisers and events
- Provide a letter of authorization to validate the authenticity of the event and its organizers
- Provide and approve use of our logo, provided certain criteria are met
- Help you select a HAP campaign for your donation to support
- Coordinate check presentations
We are here to support you. However, there are some services we are unable to provide:
- Insurance or liability coverage
- Mailing list of donors and/or vendors
- HAP stationary
- Funding or reimbursement of your expenses
- Guaranteed publicity (e.g. newspaper, radio, television)
- Guaranteed volunteer help or attendance of HAP leadership or members
- Guaranteed event planning assistance
If you’re interested in hosting your own fundraiser to benefit HUMANE ACTION Pittsburgh, please contact Kayla Seifert, Director of Fundraising at firstname.lastname@example.org/.